We at the Islamic House of Wisdom seek to raise awareness of the need to recruit foster parents who are ready to make a difference in the lives of children by opening hearts and homes to providing short/long-term or emergency care.
Who can be a foster Caregiver?
- Renting, buying or owning your own home
- From any ethnic or cultural background
- Has enough space in their home to accommodate a child/children* Call/Email for Details
- You can request your preferences of service regarding: gender, age range and religion
- The foster child can be enrolled in a school close to your home
- Foster Children in your care will receive access to medical and dental aid in addition to child care services and a daily living allowance.
For More Information- Please Contact us!
Attend an Orientation Session: The comprehensive orientation will not only review guidelines, but help illustrate what you can expect as a foster parent. Agency representatives will be happy to answer all your questions during the orientation.
Complete Application: After orientation, the agency will provide you with a licensing application packet. In general, the application steps are:
Schedule fingerprinting with your licensing agency.
Complete the foster home licensing application.
Submit your application and fingerprinting clearance form to your licensing worker.
Complete medical records for the entire family.
Complete any other requested paperwork with your licensing worker.