Things which invalidate the Fast
- Eating and drinking.
- Ascribing false things to Allah, Prophet (S) or with the successors of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H.).
- Making dust reach one's throat.
- Immersing one's head completely in water.
- *Not fulfilling Ghusls that are Wajib upon you before Azan of Fajr prayers.
- Sexual relations.
- Doing any such thing by which semen comes out.
* To intentionally remain in a state of impurity caused by Janabat, Haidh or Nifas up to Subhe Sadiq of a month of Ramadhan fast or its Qaza.
Things to avoid when Fasting
- Eyedrops or Surma, etc whose taste or smell can be felt in the throat.
- Actions which would make you physically weak.
- Keeping a wet cloth on the body for the sake of cooling.
- Snuff and fragrance from sweet plants and flowers.
- Tooth extraction or any other action which will cause you to bleed.
- A wet tooth brush for brushing.
- Putting water or using any kind of mouthwash unnecessarily.
The above 7 things do not break your fast if you do them but it is better if you do not do them.